The great tuber : we take Garlic to a
Cultivated and harvested in the most southern county of Austria, in Carinthia, this healthy tuber is the finest and freshest Quality possible. This is especially noticeable in the taste and firmness of the garlic cloves, and all other products that are transformed from the raw garlic clove to the finished product without any long transportation journeys in-between.
The Garlic tastes delicious, fresh and intense. You can use the Green Garlic as a vegetable in salads, dressings, dips, also a side dish for your barbecue.
Green garlic, or fresh garlic is milder in taste and is not only used for seasoning, but also as a vegetable side. Simply put it in the pan with some butter, sauté and hey presto, you have a delicious and tasty treat, Not only that, the health benefits are like a true miracle cure!
Green garlic can be consumed whole, without having to throw any of it away. Peeling is not necessary, and the whole stem can (and should) be used.
The flower buds of green garlic also taste divine – tender and soft. Processed into pesto, or fried in a light batter, similar to Zucchini Blossoms,
Depending on the weather, the green garlic season begins at the end of May, beginning of June and lasts until the end of July. Depending on variety and climate.
Garlic blossom – flowers
Preserve garlic flowers:
Garlic blossoms can be stored for up to 1 month in a paper bag refrigerated.
Or you freeze the blossoms to use it for many month.
Use of garlic flowers:
- Just like asparagus, e.g. in bacon
- Bundled and grilled
- As a side dish, simply fry in pan with our without meat
- Garlic butter
- As a side dish, sautéed in olive oil or butter with a little parley
- Baked in batter, served with soya sauce
- Add to salads, finely cut
- Cut 1/2cm thick, sauté in olive oil, add dived cucumbers, steam and serve as a side
- Steam garlic blossoms, with a dash of olive oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Decoration for meat and fish dishes
- sliced in discs over your pasta dishes – raw, blanched or sautéed
- Garlic Blossom Guacamole
- Finely sliced with cream cheese, or cottage cheese
- As a replacement for spring onion
- Add finely chopped garlic flowers to your stews and soups as garnish
- With a little oil, roast your garlic flowers for 30 to 40 minutes
- Finely chopped in egg dishes, frittata or omelettes
- Refine your mash potatoes with finely chopped garlic flowers
- Use the Garlic Flowers as a flower bouquet